Inland Cold Spring Resort
Is a spring resort located in the hills of Brgy. Malaiba. A mountain resort that has vegetable garden and surrounded by forest.The resort is operated and maintained by the local government of Canlaon City.
The best part of this resort..it is FREE…Yes…free entrance and free use of cottage.
Going there, we rented habal-habal. It’s about 30 – 45 minutes travel from Canlaon City market proper. We arrived around 7:00AM and I only see 2 guest, considering it is Saturday, well I guess we are just too early at that time.
It has three swimming pools and cottages.
Resort’s water source is said to be from Mt Canlaon, an active volcano in the province.
Ryan at the pool while I’m enjoying the pipe shower
By far the coldest water spring resort I’ve been. It’s like swimming in an iced water. I was thinking to drink coffee while swimming.
The LGU has plans to set up another pool to accommodate growing tourist arrival.
- Be early, as the resort may get crowdy and cottages may get full.
- Haggle for the transportation, some drivers may charge you more than the usual rate. I usually give tip or pays more than the usual fare when I arrive at the destination.
- The pool is very cold, you might get headache while swimming, so I advice to stay in the water for maximum of 20 minutes.
- Bring food, snacks and drinks as the resort has limited supplies.
- Resort has no entrance and cottage fees, so you don’t have to worry for extra expense.
- Clean as you go.
City Proper – Resort PhP 60.00/head
Chips PhP 100.00 (estimate)
Resort – City Proper PhP 60.00/head